<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drive a taxi. It's fun. Really.

February 09, 2007

Yesterday was the end of my 12th year driving a taxi. Needless to say, the past year did not bring me much in the way of income from my license, which was renewed on the spot. It's a bit of a secret way of renewal, and not many drivers actually do this, but you actually can renew your license at the TLC offices, contrary to the big warning to RENEW BY MAIL ONLY. And since I'm such the fuckup, I had my activities for the week set up so I could arrive at the TLC with the required documents. What I needed this year was a mere 120 dollars for the renewal, a drug screen having been done earlier in the week, and special to this year only, proof that I had taken a (obviously mandantory) 6 hour driver safety class, which is to be done every 3 years.

This year, the highlight of the renewal process was watching an apparently very old cartoon starring Goofy in which he turns into a monster whenever he gets behind the wheel of his automobile. Awesome, especially if it's actually an old cartoon. I do believe that it is, budgets for Traffic Safety aren't exactly our nation's number one priority.

Whoever wrote the script for that cartoon is gotdarn genius. I gotta head out now.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?