<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drive a taxi. It's fun. Really.

June 12, 2003

Last night was extraordinary. No, not because I made a million dollars. That always happens.

What was interesting about last night was the fact that 8 out of my 13 jobs were to destinations outside Manhattan. That's right, I know how to get to Brooklyn. And Queens. Quit it with the snickering.

So I'd like to give a big ol' shout out to the following neighborhoods (they're a motley bunch): Kensington, Sunset Park, Brooklyn Heights, Corona, Rego Park, Woodside, Sunset Park (again!), and, of course, Bushwick. This is definitely a record both in number and percentage of trips leaving Manhattan on a single shift. And I did it on an 8-hour to boot.

The other 5 were the Sheraton NY ('...and Spielberg was walking down the street...'), the Grand Hyatt ('my husband is a great guy'), 11th and Grnwch ('I'm watching you, kid, don't screw this trip up'), 83rd and 3rd ('my, that dinner party was an awkward dreadful bore'), and Bleecker @ Bway.

Congratulations to all the lucky winners!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?